Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Dad!

Andy's home teaching companion passed away on Father's Day. So this was a little bit of a solemn day for us. The family has kids the same age as ours and it really made us reflect on our own family and how much we love them and especially made us more grateful for our dad! Andy was sad and said that he felt like he wasn't a good enough dad as he reflected on what a great man this home teaching companion had been. But I had to remind him that although he wasn't the same as this man he is still a great dad. He works full time and goes to school full time and yet he still finds time to be with his kids. I think it speaks volumes when Brevin(our nephew) said to me a couple of weeks ago, "Ellen, when Andy gets home from work will you send him out to play?" I laughed and said I would. He loves the kids and the kids love him. He is a very fun dad and we are so very grateful for him and how hard he works to supports us!
We didn't take any "Father's Day" pictures but I found these on my camera from when Hillary was here and thought they were perfect to show what a fun dad Andy really is!
On this particular day they started with a friendly game of Bocce.
And ended with Ball tag.
Scott nailing his dad with the ball!
Andy seeking his revenge!
We Love You Dad!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

He is a great dad. My kids had a lot of fun playing with him and love their uncle Andy.

Kerry said...

Aaron felt the same way with Michael's passing. I tried to stress to him that he is being blessed with more time than Michael had, but I think it was a tough father's day all around. * who knew? I thought only mom's felt inadequate on their holiday.