Scott has always loved the water no matter how cold it is. I think he was the first one in and soaking wet!
Matthew, Timmy, and Bethany weren't far behind!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Indian Beach and Some Tillamook Cheese
One of our great adventures while Hillary was here was going to the beach. My kids love it when people come to visit because it usually means we will head to the beach even if it's just for the day. There was so much rain while Hillary was here we were worried the beach would be freezing but we picked the perfect day to go. When we got there it was lunch time so we stopped in at Moe's before we headed out to play in the water at Indian Beach.

This is the first time Sam has been to the beach since he started to walk. He wasn't sure about the water at first and just wanted to throw rocks but once he started running away from the waves with the other kids he loved it. It wasn't as cold as it usually is so the kids eventually took off their coats and got soaking wet.
We went to the tide pools while we were on the beach. The tide was starting to come in but we were lucky enough to see some crabs, starfish, and find a few shells. If you look close enough there is a purple starfish on the rock behind Sam.
Grandma played with Bethany and Sam in the sand. They had finally got cold and were done being in the water.
Everyone else stayed out there until it was time to go.
One time while the kids were running away from the waves Matthew fell in and kind of freaked out because he couldn't stand up. He didn't really know what to do and the water kept getting higher as more waves came in. I was ready to run in after him because it was almost over his head but then Scott came out of no where and pulled Matthew up out of the water.
They ran out of the water together, Scott trailing behind making sure Matthew would be okay. I was so happy I could hardly stand it. I was feeling like all those two do is fight. It was so good to see Scott take care of Matthew. Matthew kept telling everyone that Scott saved his life. I loved it and I don't think Scott minded all of the attention either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That looks so cold! The beach is so much fun and it is always fun to watch kids play in the water.
That was a really fun day. I am glad you and your kids came with us. It made it even better.
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I love that when you labeled the picture you labeled Scott as Matthew. I love it. I called Jaxson, BJ the other day. BJ looked at me like I was crazy.
only here do we wear out coats out into the water at the beach.
Just stop with the fabulous Oregon pictures! I want to come and visit sooooo BAD!
Post a Comment