Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day

I have finally caught up on my blog and it's fitting since I started this blog exactly one year ago on Memorial Day. We've had so many memories and I'm glad I've been able to get them recorded somewhere and share them with our family and friends!

This Memorial Day was a little different. My parents were out of town and since it was so rainy outside Andy and I weren't quite sure what we were going to do. The kids wanted to go camping but I was not up for down pour rain combined with camping...sprinkle okay....but not down pour. Anyway we compromised. We camped out in our family room, tent and all!!
BoldWe even roasted marshmallows over the stove!!
We didn't even set off the fire alarm, although I'm sure we came close; since the only way Scott likes his marshmallows are on fire!
We all had a great time and my kids are asking when we can do it again! Although different, it was a good Memorial Day. It will be one of those memories that lasts a long time.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are both such great parents to do that. I am not sure I would set a tent up in our house, I think the kids will have to slowly work me into that one. Happy Memorial Weekend and thanks for a wonderful year of your blog. I love seeing all the great stuff you are doing and watching your kids grow.

Hillary said...

That looks so fun, and is my kind of camping. You guys are great parents.