Joe, Timmy, Emily, Josh, Jaxson, Bethany, and Sam
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Mother's Day
I had a good Mother's Day this year. Although it was a little sad since my husband and two oldest boys were back at home. That morning Matthew called me and cried because he had made me many gifts and wasn't going to be able to give them to me. It made me sad that I was going to miss their special gifts on Mother's Day. On the other hand I was happy that I wasn't home because I was asked to talk in church. Which is never a sad thing when I miss out on that. AND my wonderful husband stepped in and did it for me!! What a great guy! It turned out to be a fun day and I was still able to be with my mom and dad and as an added bonus I was able to be with Jon and Hillary too.
I'm so grateful after the many struggles with cancer that my mom has faced that she could be there with us on Mother's Day! Bethany loves her Grandpa and Grandma!
After church and dinner, it was so nice outside that the kids all went outside to play on the swings.
Joe, Timmy, Emily, Josh, Jaxson, Bethany, and Sam
When they got bored of swinging Uncle Ryan and Uncle Jon played games with the kids out on the lawn. After a while the adults joined in the games too.
I think everyone's favorite game ended up being a game where everyone stood against the fence and said, "Mr. Wolf, Mr. Wolf, what time is it?" Then the wolf would say a time and that's how many steps you would take towards the wolf. Then when the kids got close, the wolf would say,"Dinner Time!" and chase everyone until he tagged the next person to be it. Since everyone had it in for Uncle Jon we had to change how we played. After you were tagged you became a wolf and then the last person tagged was the next wolf. It was really a lot of fun for the kids and the adults!
Hillary had the perfect size basketball hoop in the backyard for Sam. At home I have to constantly lift him up to make a basket and sometimes put my duties off onto the older boys. So it was nice that he was able to do it all by himself. I think he liked that too.
There is also a little hill in the backyard that is perfect for a one year old to run down....as long as someone is at the bottom to catch him!
Joe, Timmy, Emily, Josh, Jaxson, Bethany, and Sam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I take for granted the fact I have my family around every mothers day. Nice you did not have to talk, I will have to try that one the next time they call.
Post a Comment