Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

For Labor Day we took the kids up to Lacamas Lake. They have been begging to go fishing with Andy so we decided to take the day and go to the lake. When we first got there we found a picnic table and ate lunch.

It's a great lake, fun for the kids, and only about 20 minutes away from home. There is a park, paved trails, ducks on the lake, and a place to rent kayaks. While the boys fished, Bethany, Sam and I went for a walk and played at the park. We didn't catch any fish but it was so much fun that the kids really want to go back. The boys thought the kayaks looked fun so I think next time we'll have to rent one.
Scott said the ducks scared away all the fish and that's why they didn't catch anything!

It was really a great way to end the real last day of summer. Tomorrow we go find out who their teachers are and Wednesday they start school. While I was playing with my kids today I realized how much I was going to miss them. I think I hate school just as much as they do!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Looks like fun. Good luck with school :)

Jamie said...

Really? Lakes, hikes, fishing, rafting on a creek!?! You guys are the most awesome family ever. How on earth do you do all that with five kids! I find it hard to even brush my teeth each day. You are truly the SUPER mom!!!