We have been working really hard on everything to do with the state of Utah. We had to make a power point presentation, a banner, and the state flag using only construction paper!! Have you seen the Utah state flag? It's almost impossible for a 3rd grader to make out of construction paper. But I'm happy to say after a week of staying up almost past midnight every night we got it done. I think the only thing that saved us was having a dye cut machine and punches. Scott's teacher liked it so much that she wants to keep all of his stuff as an example for next year. I am so proud of Scott for sticking with it and doing such a good job.
Then after all of the sweat and tears we went to school Thursday night and watched Scott perform in his 3rd grade program. The theme was symbols of America. After the classes sang and danced we went to Scott's classroom and watched the commercials that the kids made for their states and then we looked at all of the flags, power points, and banners. It was a fun to go and see all of the hard work Scott has put forth during this last month of school!
3 comments:
Wow he did a really nice job. The flag looks great. Until I read the post I thought maybe you had printed it off the computer. It's amazing the things they have kids do now. I don't even know how to put together a power point presentation. I guess that is what Ryan is for.
That is a really awesome flag. Especially considering that he made it out of construction paper. Thank goodness for die cuts. I can't believe the things kids have to do in school now a days.
Very impressive flag! Addie was introduced to the joy of power points this year too, she has made them on babies, cheerleading, cats and other various eight year old favorites! :)
Post a Comment