I'm feeling torn about school being over. The last day was June 17th. I love the routine for my kids and how excited they are when they learn new things. But on the other hand I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending time with my kids this summer. We have a lot of fun adventures planned. Matthew is already looking forward to being a first grader. The day after school got out he came to me and asked if we could go shopping for his school supplies!
On the last day Scott and his class were part of the teacher talent show. The teacher sang while the kids danced to Rockin' Robin. It was very cute and as you can see Timmy and Bethany had a great time watching him! They were clapping and dancing on the chairs. It was a good way to end the year!
The end of school also brings the end of sports. Matthew has been playing indoor soccer. The age group is 7-9(Matthew is 6). But he has done a really good job keeping up with the older kids. His team usually comes out on top. His favorite position to play is goalie. Hopefully this won't be an issue in the fall because they don't have goalies until next year for outdoor soccer! But Andy is his coach in the fall so I'm sure he's got it covered!
Flag football for Scott ended as well. He had a great time and they ended their season with a win. Which is always exciting. Scott had some really good runs with the ball. He got hurt by an illegal hit his first game and was a little timid but these last few games he has given it his all and it has really paid off for the whole team!
1 comment:
I like having the break from school too. It is nice to have days were you can just hang out with the kids.
Post a Comment