Benjamin Kerry Farnsworth
Born January 26, 2011
at 11:32 p.m.
7 lbs. 10 oz. 19 1/2 inches

When I started this blog a while ago I knew that we would eventually be a family of eight. So not wanting to ever have to change the name I decided to name our blog the crazy eight. Which never made sense until today. Our family is now complete!!

We are thrilled to welcome Ben into our
family. Babies are so amazing and bring so much love
with them! We are
blessed to be able to have had six!

Scott asked to be there for the birth and after much contemplation, I let him come. For that reason I was very glad that everything went smoothly. Usually I run in at the last minute and give birth in 30 minutes or less but the doctor felt like I should be induced. I usually hate being induced because I can feel the baby working against me but this was different. After they gave me my epidural they broke my water and I had Ben in about an hour. The epidural actually worked(which is rare for me, usually I don't get to have one at all) and my mother was out of town to be with Jon and Jenny during the birth of Violet Ann the day before. I wanted to be able to have time to get the other kids somewhere to be taken care of while I was giving birth. So needless to say being induced was probably the best thing.

There was a little bit of anxiety with this birth because my mother has always been there for all of the previous births but I had lots of help from my friends Amy and Connie during the day and then my friend Jen took my kids to her house and brought Scott to the hospital to be his mentor. Just in case something went wrong she would be there to help. Her fabulous husband Steve took care of my four other children along with his seven so Jen could be there for us. Jen was also in the right frame of mind that she called my mom to be there for the birth over the phone! I truly have amazing friends!!

Ben's first bath after the birth.

Scott didn't want to leave but around two in the morning I finally kicked him out to go get some sleep! I was so glad that Scott was there. He made lots of jokes and couldn't wait to be my cheerleader and tell me to push. There was a moment when Scott almost passed out right after Ben was born but I think in the end he was glad he came. I also think that being there has made him have an extra special bond with Ben.

Scott, Andy, and Baby Ben

What a sweet baby!! We are so thrilled he is finally here!!
No comments:
Post a Comment