Me and the kids on our hike.
Friday, April 2, 2010
A QUICK GETAWAY!
In February I was needing a break so I called my wonderful friend Shauna and asked if we could come and stay. After the kids got out of school on Thursday we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Maple Valley(just south of Seattle). As soon as we arrived the stress just melted away from me and my kids. They were so happy to be missing a day of school and be out of the normal routine and I was feeling the same way. While we were there we took the kids on a hike to Twin Falls. There is a look out point where you can see one waterfall and then you walk a little bit further to a big bridge that takes you over the top of another waterfall. We were only able to go about halfway until we had to turn around because of time but it was beautiful. I wouldn't mind going back when I had more time and hiking the whole thing.


Scott, Trevin, Matthew, Sarah, Nathan, Nathan's friend(I can't remember his name!), and Timmy. Bethany wouldn't be in the picture so I had to snap of quick one of her on the bridge.
After we got back from hiking Shauna and I went out to dinner and a movie while her sweet daughter, Aubriana watched my five kids! I enjoyed myself and I am so grateful for friends that are there for me when I need time away from my everyday life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment