Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I bought a book a while back that is called Walking into a Hug, 52 weeks to a home that's more embracing. The book tells you a specific thing that you need to try to do that week and it goes through the whole year(52 weeks). Some of the things are smile more, create work, and plentiful praise. This book is perfect for me because I feel like I often get too angry at my kids and yell a little too much. This realization came when Matthew gave me a gift for Christmas. It was a note that said,"I promise I will do all of my chores without you yelling at me!" So my new years' resolution is to try to take a step back and change some of my not so great habits when my kids do something I don't agree with. And also try to apply this book in the areas that need improving. I love my children and want my home to be a heaven on earth! I hope that everyone has a great new year and will be blessed with health and happiness in 2010!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a great idea, I think I could be calmer with my kids too.

Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary said...

You will have to let me know how it goes. There are days when my kids are very helpful and good listeners and then there are days when I feel like the only way my kids will do anything is if I threaten them.