I started getting caught up on my blogging and then I got to this post and got stuck. I didn't know what to name it and I have been at a loss as of what to say. I finally decided I needed to bite the bullet and just start typing!
I was able to go to Utah with Bethany, Timmy, and Sam in November and stay with my sister Hillary and her cute family for a week.(This is the happy part.) The reason we took the trip in the first place is because my Uncle Clyde Lay passed away.(obviously the sad part) Him and his wife Marcia came home early from their mission in Japan because he was diagnosed with cancer. He was on the mend and then got an infection in his lungs. After all of the chemo and treatments for the cancer his body wasn't strong enough to fight off the infection. He was so young and I have always felt close to this uncle so it was hard for me to go there and make his death a reality.

The Lays
Aunt Marcia, Dad, Mom, Aunt Merna, Uncle Ralph, Uncle Robert and Aunt Lorna.

Me and my silly brother Jon!
I had to post this because whenever I get together with Jon I always make it home with a goofy picture of him on my camera!

Jon, Hillary, and me after the funeral.

Even though the reason for going on the trip was sad, I really had a good time with my family. I wish we could make the trip more often because it was so great to see Jon, Jen, and cute little Jaxson. Timmy loved playing at Hillary's with Josh and Joe. Bethany couldn't get enough of Valerie and loved her "big girlfriend" Emily. Not to mention the fabulous kitchen Hillary had to play with. Bethany just "lobed it!" Good thing Christmas is right around the corner because we really need more girl toys at our house!

Bethany was always taking care of Valerie!


My cute little Sam!

One day while we were there we went out to rake leaves. Timmy and Bethany don't usually get to play in the leaves because they are always soggy up here so it took a minute but after they figured out what they were supposed to do they had a great time!


1 comment:
I felt the same way. It was so fun to have you guys here, but I wished it was for another reason. Clyde was special to me also. hopefully next time you come it can just be for fun.
Post a Comment