Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Activities

I love Easter and talking to my kids about the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I get to be primary chorister in our ward and for Easter I took a big vase and stuck an Easter egg in it that had a picture of Christ inside. Then one of the kids tried to get it out and couldn't. So we talked about how certain things had to happen for Christ to be resurrected. The first thing we added was water, because just like Jesus water is clear and perfect. Then we added vinegar that I put in a plastic container that they couldn't see through. This represented our bodies and we talked about how even though are bodies are great they are not perfect because we can die. Then we added the Priesthood which of course was baking soda and talked about how Heavenly Father has the priesthood, lets us use it under his authority and it is the power that he used to resurrect Jesus. The egg rose up and out of the vase and was no longer stuck, just like all of us. Because of the atoning sacrifice of our brother Jesus Christ we are no longer stuck after we die. The kids loved it and my kids liked it so much they wanted to do it again when we got home.

I also love all the activities that we do during Easter. Even though egg dying is very messy I love doing it with my kids every year. Since this would be Sam's first time helping we decided to take the activity outside. And I am very glad we did. Sam wanted to do everything all by himself! He is a very determined little guy!
Timmy loves any activity that gets his hands messy! This egg was his favorite, he called it his army egg.Even though Scott pretends not to enjoy this, I think secretly he does. He was very meticulous about how his eggs were dyed.
Bethany loved all of the beautiful colors. But I think she ended up with mostly pink in her pile.
Matthew likes this activity more than any of my other kids. He is always mad that I don't have more than a dozen eggs for him to dye because it's never enough for all the designs he wants to make and the colors he wants to mix.
Easter morning the kids were up bright and early. They each got one prize and way too much candy in their basket.
All the boys got a new Lego set.
Bethany got a Playdough ice cream maker.
Sam got puzzles but didn't even notice them until after he had eaten way too much candy.
Last but not least the Easter egg hunt. I was so busy with the other kids that this is the only picture I was able to take but the look on Scott's face says it all!
Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I also love Easter, it is wonderful to teach about the Real reason for Easter.