Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend








I thought I would start our blog with Memorial Day. We were able to go hiking to Falls Creek Falls with my Mom and Dad and Brent's family. It was beautiful. The waterfall has three tiers but in the picture I took you can only see two. Falls Creek is almost 3 1/2 miles round trip. I was worried about the little ones because it's a pretty steady incline, but Andy carried Bethany in the backpack and I carried Sam in the Bjorn. I was so proud of Timmy he walked the whole way. He did great and didn't complain at all. He actually told my dad on the way up about how all these things were created by Heavenly Father and how great it was. But as soon as he sat in his car seat he was fast asleep. He was so tired that we couldn't get him to wake up for the next waterfall. When we got to dinner Timmy woke up and said,"Okay I'm ready to go on another hike!" I felt bad that he missed the second waterfall but I'm sure we'll go again, it's one of my favorites. It's called Panther Creek Falls and two creeks come together to make this waterfall.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Welcome to blogging. It will be fun to see what you guys are up to. I think you will enjoy it. The first couple of posts can be a little trying while you are learning how it all works but eventually you get to where it's just as fast as sending an emal.

It looks like you guys had a fun Memorial day.

Becky said...

Welcome! It is great to see your kids and keep up. I agree with Hillary the first few posts took me forever and I did not put pictures on them, it gets better.

Jamie said...

It's about time!! Now I want to see you on facebook next!:) Just kidding, I mean it's not like you're busy or anything! I'm sure five kids is a piece of cake!

The pictures are beautiful and I am very impressed with your hiking. Sadly, we don't even walk to the park.

I'm so excited to see you in July!