Friday, July 15, 2011

Scott's Summer Job

This summer they started excavating the land next to our house. So there was a lot of heavy equipment and construction workers in front of our house this summer. Scott was told to go out and mow the lawn one day and when I looked out the window to check on him this is what I found. Scott and the construction workers looking down a big hole.
This started the beginning of a friendship between Scott and the workers. He came home that night and could tell me everyone's name, how old they were and everything about their families. Scott ended up spending most of his summer days out "helping" the workers. They even let him ride on some of the equipment. They were so good to Scott that Andy ended up making them cheesecake at the end of the summer to thank them.
Matthew decided to take advantage of the situation and had many lemonade stands. Then one day I couldn't find Matthew. I looked everywhere and finally found him riding in one of the excavators, helping to dig a hole.
I was really worried at the beginning of the construction that it would just be a big headache but it worked out to be really fun for my kids and I think the workers actually enjoyed having my kids around. Since Andy had lost his job at the beginning of the summer we had to cancel our vacation plans so this was a blessing in disguise. Thanks to the construction workers it turned out to be a really fun summer!

No comments: