Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Rainy Spring Break

The week before spring break was sunny and warm. We made lots of plans because we thought this nice weather would gladly stick around for spring break! We were so wrong! It rained and rained and rained. It would have been fine too if it was just a sprinke but it was a down pour everyday. Finally Thursday there was a break and we took advantage of it and went on a hike to Beacon Rock.



Beacon Rock is where Lewis and Clark first realized they were close to the pacific ocean. We all had a great time climbing and were thankful for a break in the weather so we could claim we actually did something worthwhile over spring break. Sam is ready to go!
Going up...Bethany and Grandma
I'm not so sure that Andy would have liked this very much. The kids thought it was great though and I was grateful for all of the railings so nobody took a dive off the cliffs!!But the view was amazing....just ask Timmy!
As you climb it just keeps going up and up and up. And the more you go up the better you can see down the Columbia River Gorge.

Timmy at a third of the way to the top.
Ian and Amy.
The pretty pink flowers Bethany found. At the top!! Going Down.... The boys all had a great time and it was really nice to be able to get out and let all of them run off some energy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great hike, I will have to get in better shape before I come do that. I bet your kids slept great that night.